Liebster Award Nominee
So, I looked in my comments today and got a really lovely surprise. Mandie from http://ohsodecadent.wordpress.com/ nominated me for a Liebster Award. Now, I had no idea what this was, so I did some digging and saw that it is used to promote small blogs. The funny thing is, I never set out to be promoted or anything like that. I made myself a challenge to learn to cook and I already had one blog, so I thought it would be fun to document the experience, and here we are. I guess that what makes this so awesome.
So, I’m totally honored that I would even be considered for an award, and without further ado:
Liebster Award Rules and Requirements
- Post eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
- Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- Remember, no tag backs.
Facts About Me
- I am a Junior in Ball State University’s BFA Acting program, so I guess that goes without saying that I love acting haha
- I am also a huge movie nerd. I have a rapidly expanding movie collection and I have a word document of over 7 pages long of movies that I still need to see. That’s actually why I started blogging in the first place, was my movie review blog, “All The Movie Reviews!” at http://jeleff11.wordpress.com/
- I started this when I was talking about my Recipe board on Pinterest at the end of the school year last year, when a family member said “well, are you going to do anything with the recipes, or are they going to sit on your computer?”
- I live in a house off-campus with three of my friends…well more like my entire group of friends, considering someone is always popping in for a random reason. That’s another reason I started the blog, was because I kind of needed to learn how to live on my own haha
- In the Theatre Department and BSU, we name our houses. Like in England. Ours is named The Speakeasy. We also have a fish named Harriet Tubman.
- I am re-teaching myself to play guitar. I took lessons when I was younger, but ended up stopping. I recently got a guitar, and am trying to learn again, maybe even be better than before!
- My plan after graduation is to move to Chicago and go for it. I set out to become a professional actor and that’s what I’m going to be haha
- Grilled Cheese and Mashed Potatoes are my all time favorite foods. If I find a man that will make these things for me, I will marry him.
- I have a total fangirl crush on Darren Criss. Hopefully he knows how to make grilled cheese and mashed potatoes…
- A lot of people ask me what my ethnicity is. The guesses are normally Latin American, Italian, or Native American. I’m actually Irish and Hungarian, which no one ever believes, but it’s the truth haha
- I am currently addicted to playing The Sims. I might need to start going to meetings…
- If you could travel to one country just to eat, which one would you choose and why? Italy. Without a doubt. With all the pasta and carbs and sweets and more carbs, I would be all over that.
- What was the most impressive dish you have ever made? I made these Southwest Chicken Wraps (https://jeleff2014.wordpress.com/2012/12/13/crispy-southwest-chicken-wraps/) and they were absolutely delicious. Plus, it was the first time I made food for my friends. I’d done it before but it was more like “hey guys I’m making food and it might suck but you have to taste test it.” This was for a holiday party at my house, so it had to be good. And they were great!
- What is one ingredient you could never live without? Apparently milk. It is always ends up in a recipe, and I always have just a little bit under what I need.
- Name one thing about your kitchen that you love and one thing you wish you could change. Well, I technically have two kitchens. The one at home in Cleveland, and one at school in Muncie. For the Cleveland one, I love the counter space, there is a lot of it plus an island. I would update the appliances, they can be a little unreliable. As for my Muncie kitchen, everything is almost new because we got them for the house, but it is so tiny, there is barely any room to cook haha
- Who is your biggest inspiration for your food blog? I actually don’t really have one, so I guess I’ll say everyone who posts their recipes online, because that is where I’m getting all of them from haha
- When you’re too exhausted to cook or bake, what store-bought food do you immediately grab? Cereal. Preferably something cinnamon-y
- What is the number one food that you crave? Mashed Potatoes. Could eat them all day every day.
- If you could trade places for a day with a celebrity chef, who would it be and why? Hm. I don’t really know many celebrity chefs. I think I would say Guy Fieri, just so I could do Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives haha
- If you had the choice that either all of your dishes would clean themselves after you finished cooking or that every recipe you made would come out perfectly, which would you choose and why? Dishes clean themselves. Without a doubt. I hate doing dishes. Plus, seeing how a recipe will turn out is half the fun, there’s no fun if you know it’s always going to be perfect.
- What is your fondest childhood food memory? Whenever my grandma would babysit us, my grandpa (who passed away when I was 10) would always bring Taco Bell. Every time. And he would always walk in and say “I have a surprise!” And we always knew exactly what is was. I know it’s a little unconventional of an answer, considering it’s fast food and not homemade, but I loved it and it always brings back great memories.
- Tea or coffee? Coffee. No hesitation.
Questions for My Nominees
These are probably going to be all over the place haha
- You suddenly remember you have a party to go to. It’s a potluck so you have to bring something. It’s in two hours. What’s your go to dish? Go.
- I have to ask it. What’s your favorite movie?
- You are only allowed to eat three food items for the rest of your life. What are they?
- Current addiction? (Food or otherwise?)
- You are allowed to make a meal with your favorite celebrity. Who are they, what do you make with them, and why?
- What is your “cooking personality”? For example, I sing and dance around like an idiot, all while cooking. Are you like me, are you very serious and focused, or somewhere in between?
- I’m going to steal this from my questions. Because it is very important. Tea or Coffee?
- Biggest kitchen disaster?
- Biggest kitchen success?
- Guilty pleasure? (Also food or otherwise)
- Pick your favorite inspirational quote. Can be about anything.
My Nominees (in no particular order)
- mayasingredients (http://mayasingredients.com/)
- Life is Short. Eat Hard! (http://lifeisshorteathard.wordpress.com/)
- Ringing the Dinner Bell (http://ringingthedinnerbell.com)
- cocoa and crafts… (http://cocoaandcrafts.com/)
- When Toasters Go Pyro (http://whentoastersgopyro.wordpress.com/)
- Charles and Kimberly’s Recipes (http://charlesandkimberlysrecipes.wordpress.com/)
- Food Observations (http://foodobs.wordpress.com/)
- Confessions of a Grad School Foodie (http://confessionsofagradschoolfoodie.wordpress.com/)
- Foodie Trapped in a Dorm (http://foodietrappedinadorm.wordpress.com/)
- Collegetown Kitchen (http://collegetownkitchen.wordpress.com/)
- The Quick and Dirty Kitchen (http://thequickanddirtycook.wordpress.com/)