So, two of my roommates are moving out this week. I didn’t realize how much of the kitchen utensils belonged to them…
So, I had to do all mixing by hand, which was annoying but doable. I also had to roll out the dough with a tea tin and use a wine glass as a cookie cutter. (Although I don’t think I had any cookie cutters to begin with honestly.)
Then, the dough was honestly quite hard to work with. It stuck to every surface, even after I floured it. It took quite some time to get 30 cookies and I ended up throwing a bit away because I just didn’t want to deal with it anymore.
Also, it said to bake for 7-8 minutes, and that it would still not look done. But after 7 minutes they were still clearly not baked. 10 minutes was what worked.
Then, the frosting happened. It came out very grainy and gross consistency wise. Didn’t really like it. Also, found out my food coloring expired this past December.
So, I’m going to buy some frosting in a jar, do that, and then bring them to my meeting tomorrow.
So, these were kind of a fail. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.